- This event has passed.
Cancelled Jackrabbits – Jan 9
“Due to the recent announced Lockdown, the Jackrabbit Program will be delayed from its expected start of January 9. We will be emailing Jackrabbit parents and posting updates as we learn more if and how we are able to operate this program safely for your children and all our volunteers”.
Jackrabbits is a fun and encouraging learn-to-ski program for kids from 4 to 10 (or 12…or even 14 for some). With a bevy of encouraging volunteer instructors, we ensure your kids are having fun and learning the fundamentals of cross-country skiing.
Even if you’re a bit older and have never skied, there’s a place for you.
The program generally runs every Saturday from the first week of January to the first weekend of March (with Family Day off) from 10am to 12pm.
We have games, treats, and a range of special events to keep you hopping (pun intended) with fun.
- Bunnies: under six years (as young as 3 years old!) and accompanied by a parent.
- Levels 1, 2 & 3: aged 6 to 9, focussed on classic technique. (Level 1 must have parental accompaniment.)
- Level 4: introduction to skate skiing techniques.
- Track Attack – Recreational: aged 10 and older who wish to ski with a group (in skate or classic technique) and are recreational skiers.
- Racing Rabbits: Georgian Nordic Racing Rabbits – aged 10 – 14 who wish to fine tune skills and train for competition!
We work hard to place kids where they’ll have the most fun and the greatest success – there is no precise science or categorization for this, so it is important to communicate well with us about your child’s needs and we likewise communicate well with you, our thoughts on placement.
Parents you will receive weekly emails with updated information on Jackrabbit Themes like hat day, snack-attack, sculpture building and more awesome information along with Covid-19 Responses.