Georgian Nordic Junior Ski Team
Dry-Land Training 2022 Information
Spring is here, and the Georgian Nordic Junior Ski Team is looking for athletes who are interested in training and playing games to get ready for the 2022/2023 cross-country skiing season.
Who is it for?
- Boys and girls who may be interested in skiing U16 (year of birth: 2007 and 2008) and U18 (year of birth: 2005 and 2006) events in the 2022/2023 cross-country skiing season.
- Boys and girls who will ski U14 year 2 in 2022/2023 (year of birth: 2009) who would like some opportunities to do dry-land training between May and August.
You don’t need to be the fastest skier in town! The Georgian Nordic Junior Ski Team is composed of individuals who want to have fun learning to ski with better technique and improving their fitness. They may also want to participate in ski races in the winter.
When is it?
- The program runs from early April until December (April is a transition month; there are no scheduled training sessions in April);
- Wednesday sessions are after school from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in July and August);
- Saturday mornings in May and June, and from September to December. There will be NO scheduled SATURDAY training in July and August.
How much does it cost?
Dry-land training from April to December: $250.00
You can also register for specific parts of the dry-land season:
April to June: $60.00
July and August: $60.00
April to August: $100.00
September to December: $175.00
- A year training plan (YTP) appropriate for your developmental stage that follows the Nordiq Canada Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model.
- Weekly training plan.
- Wednesday after-school conditioning, games and ski-specific training.
- Saturday roller skiing at McDougall Recreation Centre in Nobel. Classic and skate techniques are used. Roller skis are provided by the Georgian Nordic team. Athletes bring ski boots, ski poles, a bicycle helmet and a water bottle.
- Two overnight ski camps (dates TBA).
What if you’re not certain if you should join? Attend one or two training sessions and then you can decide.
For further information contact:
Ghislain Henry by e-mail: [email protected] or by phone at 705-938-1233
or Peter Wiltmann by email: [email protected] or by phone at 705-773-3271