Georgian Nordic Junior Ski Team – Dry Land Training 2020/21 Information
Fall is here, and the “Georgian Nordic Junior Ski Team” is looking for athletes interested in training and playing games to get ready for the 2021 cross-country skiing season.
Who is it for?
– Boys and girls who will ski U16 and U18 events in the 2020-2021 cross-country skiing season. For example, skiers interested in the SOD Paraffin Race Series, High School cross-country skiing (OFSAA), the Ontario Cup Circuit and/or Canadian Ski Championships.
– University skiers who are spending the summer in the Parry Sound area.
– Other Georgian Nordic skiers (seniors or masters) who would like company in training.
You do not need to be the fastest skier in town! The Georgian Nordic Junior Ski Team is composed of individuals who want to have fun learning to ski with better technique, improve their fitness, and they may want to participate in ski races in the winter.
When is it?
– The program runs from early May until the end of November;
– Saturday mornings (May, June, September, October, November) and,
– Wednesdays after school (July and August 6pm to 8 pm on Wednesday).
How much does it cost?
Dry Land Training May to November $250.00
University Skier Special May to August $75.00
What is included?
– A Year Training Plan (YTP) appropriate for your developmental stage following the Nordiq Canada Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model.
– Weekly training plan.
– Saturday morning conditioning, games, and ski specific training. Saturday morning sessions will be in May and June as well as in September, October, and November. Sessions are usually from 9:00 am until noon.
– Wednesday Roller-Skiing at McDougall Recreation Centre in Nobel. Classic and skate techniques are used. Roller-skis are provided by the Georgian Nordic team. Athletes bring ski boots, ski poles, a bicycle helmet, and a water bottle.
– Two “Overnight Ski Camps” (dates TBA).
For further information contact:
Ghislain Henry by e-mail: Ghislain_henry@yahoo.ca by phone 705-938-1233